Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bombay Bazaar and Sari Palace

I walk in and they are about to close the place. I tell them why I am there. The owner is kind, generous and excited when I mention internet and blogging. Despite my inhibitions he certainly knew something about blogs and the promotional benefits of internet postings.
I asked him what is your best seller, which part of the Desi group comes here most often. He smiled and gave very business like answers. Everything sells good but the sweets are the best. They are especially imported from New York and then are on shelves for a few days.
Perishable inventory seems to be the most challenging aspect. A large number of Bangladeshi population shops here for Fish and other specific species.
I know that maybe I should not be baised, bu t if I had to pick one store it was Bombay Bazaar.
However,  the owner told me sadly that Bombay Sari House(Next Door) is now owned by another party and they have not been successful since the owner has no sense of how to promote the products. I can understand that since there are blinds drawn on the store display window, the lights are also out on the signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment